Monday 17 December 2012

Ice Skating...in Ghana?? o_O

Winter and I have a love-hate relationship. I love winter fashion and winter sports (well, watching, as I am usually too cold to participate for long) but hate being frozen!
So an ice rink in sunny Ghana may just be the solution...fun on ice + the sun! #Winning!! [I hope,lol]
Aburokyire aba Ghana ooo!!!!



Aburokyire aba Ghana!!! 
The rink is located at the Lizzy Sports Complex in East Legon, Accra. The timing could not be better, it's right on time for Christmas. I am told this is the first of its kind in West Africa. By the way,the rink is made of synthetic material (sorry to those of you who planned to scoop the ice into bottles to take home) so it won't melt in the sun.
Skates In The City will be running from the 15th of December 2012 to the 13th of January 2013. Do something new this season...even if it's just continuously falling over on your bum,lol.
Shame I didn't hear about it in time, I might have had an ice themed birthday party, but it may not be too late for you to organise an event. I'm sure it can be given out for private functions like birthday parties and corporate events, so set up an event and invite me. 
I'm informed that It's open daily from 9am to 9pm.
Rates: Children 12 and under: ghc8 
                        12 and over: ghc10
They were very generous to include the cost of renting the skates too. I'm sure not a lot of people have ice skates lying around the house, so that will be very
If you're new to skating [read as risk adverse,lol ], there's a professional skater on hand to offer lessons. If not, enjoy falling, but do get up each time! 

Check out and like their Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/SkatesInTheCity

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could visit Ghana for this, other things planned already.

    Happy new year in adavance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently it isn't as great as it sounded. A few people who went there were not pleased at alll :(

    ReplyDelete

Don't be lazy, even I managed to write this. Say something.
Thanks for commenting x always good to hear from you xx