Wednesday 23 May 2012

Oldies but goodies and fabulous newbies

Was just having a chat with friends about great movies....I can't learn 24/7...allow me.

My all time favourite Ghanaian movie is True Colours...but I seem to be the only one who really remembers it! :( 
Michelle Attoh was in it, and I had/have a huge crush on her, so I remember paaa. It's a 1997 film; I remember the film had Omanza Shaw,Dusty Wayne, and Naa Kwale Dove (her name struck me) in it.
It was such a good film! I remember they went camping, that was soo cool to me,lol. And in the exciting 'last show' or "lasshow" as others say, Michelle Attoh and the Police had to chase Omaza Shaw, who had kidnapped her son, down the runway of the airport as he tried to flee the country in a small plane.
waaaaaooow!
I like the movie because it was a change from ghosts haunting people; naughty kids going mad from weed and ignoring advice; the villains committing suicide; people dying from the sheer shock of an event or becoming paralysed etc lol.
I really want to watch it again and see how it measures up against today's movies. (I think it can stand though). Wonder what happened to the movie's writer and its producers. Did they make any other movies? anyonw know where I can find it?
What's your favourite Ghanaian oldie? (Don't say Who Killed Nancy?!! Lol)
Who remembers The Schemers?? And Step Dad? Police Officer!! Lol! #memories. Can you remember other oldies???

Speaking of great films, have you seen the Avengers? You should!! 10/10! I've seen it twice already and I'm prepared to see it for an unprecedented third time. 
 (Well unless you don't like comics, but if you have watched silliness like American Pie, you should watch such awesome-ness too)
I soo don't regret all the comics I bought and harassed my parents to buy for me when I was a kid. (O my poor mother, who wanted a girly girl). One or two characters didn't make it but it doesn't matter. The film killed it. The other movies coming out this year have a seriously high standard to live up to.


ps. I dare say my dear ol' true colours is better than this movie....even though I have not seen it,lol!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! but i like 'Who Killed Nancy?' it was so deep i actually rate it against Titanic in terms of Emotions (cos they both NEARLY brought tears to my eyes. and for a hard guy that is serious)

    but aside Who Killed Nancy?, i think the Four Lovers of Melody was a bomb. it was very different from the typical ghanaian comedy of those days.

    and that Idekoko movie with the Mario game theme song. forgotten the title. the one where Idekoko took Adwoa Smart to a hotel and she turned into a goat. Lmao!!! that was stupidly hilarious? what do u expect when u try a bed a dwarf? ah well

    ooh but i think a ghanaian classics that everyone must endevour to see are Kwaw Ansah's African Heritage and Love Brewed in an African Pot. that was doper than dope. captivating for its time.

    but then they started doing Kyiewaa. smh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! the titanic crew is weeping right now!
    four lovers of melody was a change, wasn't it?
    lool. trust idikoko to do the silliest things, smh.
    I haven't seen those yet :( are they out on CD yet? I really want to see the love brewed in an African pot, especially.
    as for Kyeiwaa, noooo comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The film with adjoa smart and idikoko is "Matters of heart"

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, u're right it was! would love to see some of these films again. they would look funnier and sillier now

    ReplyDelete

Don't be lazy, even I managed to write this. Say something.
Thanks for commenting x always good to hear from you xx